Monday, May 5, 2014

Ritoni with Broccoli and Tomatoes

Ritoni with Broccoli and Tomatoes
Recipe courtesy of Cooking Light Weeknight Meals Cookbook
You will need: 

2 cups whole grain pasta (I cooked this the day before) 
3 chicken breasts (I grilled mine the night before with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder) 
1 1/2 cups of cherry tomatoes cut in half
2 heads of broccoli with the large stems cut off
2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil plus 2 tsp olive oil
2 cloves of garlic minced

Heat 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Add broccoli and saute until semi tender. (you can add the chicken here if you have not previously cooked it) If it is already cooked add it after the broccoli is ready. Once the broccoli is cooked, add the tomatoes. Cook down about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add  pasta, basil, olive oil, garlic. Mix well. Top with goat cheese. 

Because I made some of this ahead of time, it was so easy to just throw it together. To measure this, I picked out pieces of chicken and filled my red,  I filled my yellow 2 times with just the pasta, and I filled my green with just broccoli and tomatoes. I used my blue for the cheese. The cheese got very soft and I mixed it all together and it made the sauce creamy and it all coated the pasta. This was also a ton of food! 

1 RED, 2 YELLOW, 1 GREEN, 1 BLUE

No comments:

Post a Comment