Wednesday, April 16, 2014

21 Day Fix Food: Day 3

Day 3- Plugging along and loving to eat. Here is my menu today.

Breakfast: I started with my favorite meal of the day... breakfast!
Today I had 2 eggs and I just fried them with a spray of olive oil, and had the leftover ginger peach salsa from dinner last night- it was just peaches, mint, and fresh ginger, so I used it as my fruit. It looks like a huge portion, but the peaches were just cut up really small. It was just 1 purple container. Then I had black coffee. (1 RED, 1 PURPLE) 


I did my exercise of Lower Fix and 10 minute Ab fix and I was ready to eat! 

Snack 1: 10 baby carrots, 1/2 container of hummus, 1 yellow container of my leftover grilled corn and black bean salad, and 1 orange container of sunflower seeds.  (1 GREEN, 1BLUE, 1 YELLOW, 1 ORANGE) 
Let me note, there was queso fresco cheese in the corn salad, so I counted my blue as a full container.
Lunch: I kind of skipped lunch ( I know i shouldn't, but I usually have my shakology for lunch and today I was just not in the mood for a shake.

Tonight I was craving Breakfast for dinner... I had extra containers to eat around dinner time becuase I didn't use up my lunch so I had breakfast for dinner. It was a HUGE meal, but I enjoyed it all.


Dinner tonight was Mixed Fruit (1 PURPLE) 6 slices of   turkeybacon and 3 eggs ( 3 RED) 1 whole wheat waffle with 1 Tsp natural peanut butter (1YELLOW, 1 TEASPOON) Sauteed peppers (1 TEASPOON, 1 GREEN

Today was probably a little heavy on eggs as I had them for breakfast and dinner. My original planned meal was to have grilled gremolata chicken (recipe coming) however, our grill ran out of gas and I couldn't grill, so I made my husband eat leftovers from last night and I made Peanut Butter and Jelly for my kiddos. It is always good to be flexible and adapt to our day or whatever is going on. I love that about this plan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment